Thursday, June 19, 2008

Warning: grouchy post ahead!

We think Mom and Dad aren't coming back home. Got some messages saying something along the lines of, "see ya suckers!" Did I mention how jealous I am?



My mood is not improving much as today was my last day on, well, days for two months. I guess two months is better than a year, but still. And Saturday is the most bittersweet day of the year (summer solstice = days get shorter from now until December). Every party needs a party pooper and I'm filling that role today... Glad to be of some service.

Dee and I watched a gorgeous sunset from Shilshole tonight. I didn't expect many people to be there because it's Wednesday and all, but they were grilling out, playing volleyball, and having bonfires. Awesome.

On the way back home, we heard a country song that's been on the radio frequently. Every time I hear it I do a doubletake (you can do a doubletake auditorily right? Not just visually?). One of the lines says, "tie the cans on the back of the limosine", but I hear, "tie the kids to the back of the limosine." It cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment