Monday, June 30, 2008

Ladybug! Ladybug! Fly away home!

So I have this project I started a few years back that I work on now and again. It involves poetry and scrapbooking paper. Actually, that's all it is- writing out poems I like and posting them on scrapbook paper. I know, I never claimed to be cool...

Anyway, Dee has introduced me to a few new poems I might use. When she saw my ladybug paper (oh come on, who doesn't love ladybugs??), I told her I wanted to use it but don't have a good poem for it. In the process of googling a particular ladybug nursery rhyme (vetoed), I came across some lady bug facts.

For example, did you know in Switzerland ladybugs are called "good God's little fatty"?


Image courtesy of one of my favorite artists who sadly passed away last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment