Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another day, another dollar... to be taxed away

I'm feeling a bit burned out from the two jobs. I like them, but it seems all I do is work. I feel discouraged from taxes this year to begin with, so I find myself wondering whether a second job is worth it. Thankfully I have the next two days off... followed by seven straight days of work (in one form or another). Rest assured, during the next two days I will be consciously not thinking about critically ill children and adults. I'll be doing Mt. Si tomorrow with a friend and his dogs and then having a long overdue dinner with Munoz. I'm giddy just thinking about it!

I ran around Greenlake (2.9 miles) with a new crowd yesterday. My legs were killing me from last week, but I ran again at a 10.5 minute mile. Not that you care. But I'm announcing it because somebody needs to congratulate me on my land speed record (and it might as well be me). So on behalf of the internet community, congratulations Wenikio! Thank you, thank you :)

Erm, yes, well, moving along. When I'm bored (or hiking, which is not boring), I play a little game. I like to pretend I'm someone from another era that has been plunked down in the here and now and then try to see how absurd our daily lives are. I was doing just that this morning when somebody on the radio mentioned something about gay marriage. I realized that many years ago, when gay just meant "happy," those people brought to the present day would probably wonder why all the fuss about gay marriage? I mean, who doesn't want a festive wedding? And then I just laughed :)

Well, on the upside of all this, I'm sleeping fine. I won't be taking a good night's sleep for granted for a very long time, that's for sure...

2 comments:

  1. Wendy,

    Congratulations on your running! I am proud of you!! As a non-runner, I am always amazed at people who run. Woo-hoo! Have fun at Mt. Si.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations wenikio...you're a racer now! i ran today...ended up doing it by myself, but beat monday's time by 2 minutes, and DIDN'T dry heave at the end this time. looking forward to tuesday's run.

    ReplyDelete