Friday, April 11, 2008

Sneak peak at summer

I met up with a friend from work this afternoon to introduce the pups to each other at Magnuson. Afterwards I couldn't bear to run errands or stay inside on such a warm, beautiful day, so Gazza and I spent our Friday evening at Gas Works (with what appeared to be fully a third of Seattle). As we lounged on the hillside full of daisy patches, I had Ivar's fish and chips for dinner (and so did Gazza...). The sunset over the Olympics was stunning.



As it grew a little chilly, we wandered along the lake for a while, meeting the usual random assortment of people along the way. Gazza is a heartbreaker- she inevitably leaves some poor boy pining after her. It cracks me up! This time it was a cute little pug (I know, I didn't think it was possible either). I couldn't have planned tonight any better if I had tried. It didn't require too much effort on my part but included easy interactions with friendly people and their dogs. And speaking of dogs, if Gazza dies in her sleep tonight, it's because she drank from Lake Union. I tried to stop her!



Hazardous substances? Actually, I heard a story from a reputable source a few months ago about the bottom of Lake Union. He said they had dropped a screwdriver overboard but didn't get it until the next day. By then, the handle end had melted. In less than a day! Eww. So I'm crossing my fingers that maybe Gazza will only glow. Would save my headlamp a few batteries...

But yeah, it was a good way to end the stretch of seven days :)


Note Gazza at the bottom right, totally pooped but captivated by the skyline too.

On a closing note, I find it thoroughly amusing that payroll feels compelled to offer help in opening my own mail. The envelope containing my pay stub says, *see reverse side for easy opening instructions.* Where do they come up with this stuff??

2 comments:

  1. Did you not LOVE the warm weather today?! It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I swam in Lake Union a few years ago. Maybe I will rethink that in the future.....

    ReplyDelete