Friday, April 4, 2008

Get out of town!

Success! On a much needed escape from the city (sorry Seattle, I still love you), we did Mount Si in 2.3 hours! For those of you not yet lured to the Pacific Northwest, it's a 3,500ft elevation gain in four miles, yo. It's also where Twin Peaks was filmed. At the top, we had a clear view of Mount Rainier, the Cascades, and Seattle. Actually, Seattle was sort of in a haze, but you could see it. Then again, maybe it's because I didn't wear my glasses?

At any rate, it was gorgeous outside. While there was about two feet of snow at the top, it was nice and warm in North Bend. I love it! I was surprised to see a vibrant blue jay at the top, but even more surprised that the robber jays watch for you to put your hands up in the air and then swoop down to take peanuts :)



We tried to get a "friend of all the jungle creatures" shot, instead it looks like Justin just whacked the two birds away and is about to smack Cletus. Equally unsuccessful was the attempt to have the birds pick up peanuts from the dogs' heads. You win some, you lose some...



The dogs had a great time. They seem to have boundless energy but lagged a bit towards the end (personally, I think it was a ploy by Gazza to avoid carrying her pack on the way down). A nap in the car refreshed them, and they were ready for action when we got back home. Ahh, to be young again!





Gazza woke me up this morning wanting to cuddle until I got up for breakfast. She came out to eat a few bites before going back to bed while I did some work in the living room. Lazy bum!

Dinner with Munoz last night was the perfect way to end the day. I say eating Chinese food on comfy couches while listening to KEXP is a great way to spend a lazy Thursday evening!

Note to self: knock off these crazy hours and make more days like yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment