Monday, April 14, 2008

Not on friendly terms with Uncle Sam

Remember how simple taxes were in Monopoly? You came away a little worse for the wear, but you knew how much you owed and then your turn was done, right? Well this year, in real life, I got screwed. I kept redoing my federal taxes (even went to have them professionally reviewed!) because I kept coming up owing an arm. Turns out my math skills are good and I'm less one limb.

And then despite my best efforts, I couldn't figure out how to do the Illionois part-time resident tax form. In the end someone else did it for me. Here's to hoping Illinois doesn't think I stiffed them with my whole month's worth of Illinois income. My luck I'll owe anyway.

I'm not a pleasant person today.

1 comment:

  1. I know tax due time is 50 minutes away...but my mom is a tax expert, seriously, she's an enrolled agent with the IRS. She loves helping people save money on taxes and have their taxes done right. If you want I can have her go over your stuff, she'll tell you if they're correct or if there is any way to make your situation better...

    ReplyDelete