Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sound the trumpets!

Let it be known, Gazza was home alone for a solid hour... and barely acknowledged my return! With only a few whumps of the tail, she lifted her head, looked at me, and then proceeded to continue her nap. People, this is big! I could hardly believe it, and it took all I had not to roll onto the floor next to her and cuddle for the next hour. Well, maybe not all I had. She had rolled in some duck poop...

Which reminds me, I've noticed this past week that something in Gazza has changed. As Bob, the Almighty Dogwalker, said, "she's acting more like a dog." As my mom said, "she's acting less like a caged animal." I'm not entirely sure what changed recently, but maybe it's just time finally adding up. She actually makes noises now, and she's at ease with her pack at the dog park. On the down side, she's challenging my alpha status more frequently, but so far I've maintained my status. And so the battle of wills begins. Gazza? I'm in it for the long haul, so bring it on :)

Lastly, when we went to see the tulips a few weekends ago, Kyunga informed us that the way we're pronouncing "Gazza" means "let's go" in Korean. Yeah, Ragazza is a lady, but she's a lady of adventure- my Gazza.



Well, usually...

1 comment: