Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Collide

I was a little concerned about how Gazza would take this recent stretch of work days. I mean, she's getting exercise, but I like to be the person providing most of that, not the dog walker (a saint, though he is!). I realized that I probably don't need to be concerned when she did this as I ate dinner this evening:



Even worse, we've gotten into this routine where she falls asleep right next to me at night. When I lean over to flip off the light, she immediately scoots over so that I fall back directly onto her. She looks at me all, "what? you moved." At some point after I fall asleep, she does a 180. When I roll over, I nearly always end up mere inches away from the wrong end. And then when the alarm goes off, she crawls on top of me, begging to be scratched and rubbed for at least ten minutes before I actually get up. When I get ready for work, she stretches out to impossible dimensions, taking up the entire bed as I stumble around in the cold.

The fact that she loves snuggling keeps me from dumping her off the bed completely. In fact, if I let her, she loves to snooze with her snout in my armpit. Now that is love. I defy you to find a man with that level of devotion!

Changing gears, today at work was interesting. It seems that all the ADD-ers gravitate toward the ICU. I'm in good company- this is gonna be fun!

PS: Katie, Gazza, and I made it into Jennie's PI blog again! We're famous! You should run like rockstars with us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment