Tuesday, April 22, 2008

When you feel you have no rhythm, don't place your hand on MY heart!

I got slammed with a migraine last night that is still trying to make my head explode today, though somewhat less forcefully now. As I lie in bed last night, unsuccessfully willing it to go away, I instinctively took my pulse. It's wacky anymore, but I'm learning to read its irregularities. My heart was doing its "sick dance" all evening- a bad polka with some pirouettes thrown in for pizzazz. Cardiac-savvy readers, I know that description was just an abomination of medical terminology, but it's an art, not just a science, right?

Anyway, the beast had a busy day and was passed out next to me, twitching and making funny noises. She always has an irregular rhythm, so we passed the night away, each lost in a dreamlike state, our tickers marching along to the beats of their own drummers. Or SA nodes. Whatever.

This morning, I got up to get something to eat and she stayed in bed as usual. I finally got a photo of her ritual morning conquering of the bed:



I need to get her a Do Not Disturb hang tag...

No comments:

Post a Comment