Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Trust me, I'm a nurse

I wasn't worth bubkes (literally, "goat droppings) today. It was great! Gazza took a while to recover from the past few days, and she was still dragging a bit. I'm oddly proud that I'm keeping my labradoodle worn out. Also, I can't say "labradoodle" without giggling. How can anybody take that word seriously?

Another thing I can't believe is that anyone would give me the sorts of responsibilities I currently have. I totally lost my glasses two times today, and then found them again- on my face. And then I couldn't figure out which side of my skirt was the front. Also, I ran into the counter for no apparent reason except for maybe the magnetic attraction between my abdomen and the faux slate countertop. Are you all sure I'm ready for this job??

It was a great day, though :) Seattle is continuing to grow on me. The weathermen, however, are not. They are notoriously awful at their professions, but it really is comical. It was around sixty degrees, sunny, and there was no rain past nine this morning... despite the forecast calling for upwards of a 60% chance of rain and temps in the 40's. I mean, really now. They didn't even bother to change the hour-by-hour to reflect the current conditions!

I was able to convince a friend to play hookey, though, to enjoy the beautiful weather along Puget Sound- complete with ice cream! And then a very chill night of music and a fire. Perfecto!

2 comments:

  1. try telling people you have a Schnoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I do believe you win, Anonmymous :)

    ReplyDelete