Sunday, October 26, 2008

Boldly going where no dog has gone before

I got a no-pay today (which is to say I got a last minute day off with vacation pay, for you non-medicals). That's good considering I went to The Paperboys last night. I'm convinced I will never tire of them and will always dance and laugh at every show. You may enjoy their music, but you'll never be able to truly appreciate them until you go to a show- and this from a non-show goer! But yeah, it was a late night...

So this morning I took The Beast to the park myself for her daily spazz out over The ball! The ball! Throw the ball! Throw it! Throw the ball! Good times on a gorgeous fall day here in Rain City (only it's not rainy at all today). Incidentally, did you know that the Northwest doesn't even enter the top rainiest cities in the U.S. until #24? And even then it's Olympia, not Seattle?

Anyway, we popped by Grandma's house for a bit where I dropped off some brownies and picked up some cookies and pickled beets. Did I mention how much I love pickled beets? No really, I love pickled beets almost as much as I love The Paperboys! So guess what I'll be having for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Now we're chilling at home with the doors and windows open. I'm pooped and comfy in my purple leather chair and the dog is, well, the dog is getting bold. I knew she was not only sleeping on the bed when I was at work but actually on my pillow. It's a battle I won't fight, though, because, hey, she's staying home, right? I was a little surprised, though, to see her come in from the porch, look at me, and then hop up on the couch. She scratched at the blanket there for a few seconds then plopped down and made herself comfortable. Just who taught her that, I want to know?

2 comments:

  1. Cute apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caboodles has finally come into her own, hasn't she?

    ReplyDelete