Monday, October 13, 2008

When staying inside isn't so bad

One of the things I love most about this apartment is the fireplace. I couldn't wait for the weather to get cold enough to light it up every night. Now that it's fall, I get to leave the porch door wide open and the fire going. Why is the door open, you might ask? Because I've no doubt the thing could heat the entire state of Rhode Island. The pilot light itself generates enough heat to warrant turning it off in the summer months.

The past several nights have been ideal for my favorite part of cold nights here in Seattle: I get the fire going, let a cool breeze in, turn off the lights, light the candles, and put on some mellow music. I love it. It's so cozy in here (especially in My Chair!). Time ceases to exist as I read, nap, or relax with Gazza snoring at my feet.

We should all be so lucky. And if you're super lucky maybe I'll let you join me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment