Monday, July 27, 2009

clothes! things!

Hooray! My luggage came! My roommate is still sleeping, so I haven't gotten to unpack (there are no ports in the rooms so they are pitch black when the lights are off), but I'm happy! I'll admit I'm a little sad to give up Hannah's skirt I've been borrowing and my roommate's top because it's a very comfortable outfit, but my own clothes will be nice...



That was the Defender we took for our first tour of Cotonou and the HC. There is a row of white MS vehicles all up and down the dock for the outreach programs (dentistry, opthalmology, orphanage, and prison among others). It's quite a sight when they're all pulled up. When the AFM sails, all the vehicles are brought aboard on deck- apparently they're packed tighter than sardines!




In other news, I decided to switch anti-malarials. While I'm sure I have lots of reasons to be emotional, I do think the Lariam is doing a number on me. As I talk with more people, I'm learning that many of them started on Lariam as well and then switched after too many complications. Bad drug. Bad, bad drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment