Monday, July 20, 2009

Relief

I love iChat :)

The visual was terrible this morning (Peleke's face had eyespots like a Euglena cell) but it was a relief to hear his voice. They're almost done getting to where they're going, and that (perhaps strangely) makes me feel a bit better. As I understand it, video chats aren't available on the Africa Mercy (too much bandwidth?), so with the exception of one or two more chats before Thursday, we'll be emailing and instant messaging for the next three months. We're not sure if we'll be able to coordinate sat phone calls from the boonies of two foreign countries, so that's still an unknown.

This first week is dragging by, what with missing him and getting ready to head out. I hardly know what to think anymore, so I find myself not doing incredibly much of it. While being careful not pick pick up the pregnancy bug, I've been enjoying getting to know some of the other wives. You might be surprised at the number of expectant mothers in the squadron- there's no way it's not contagious! By the time I get back, we'll be in Baby Central! I told Peleke not to get any ideas :)

My sister headed back down to Texas today from Indiana. Apparently it was quite the full house this week with my parents, sister, brother, and a total of five dogs! I hear Gazza is completely at home now- and why wouldn't she be? She swims in Lake Michigan, plays frisbee golf with my brother, runs through the back woods, cuddles with my parents, and wrestles with the other dogs. Although it doesn't change the fact that our local cat will be put down, I take some comfort in my dad's words that I at least made a big difference in one animal's life.


I can't wait to have her back this winter! I'm also can't wait to grow her mohawk and beard back- she looks so naked without them!

Right, on with the packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment