Friday, July 10, 2009

Things and such

When does the new stop being, well, new and become the familiar? Is there an overlap?

Yesterday hit hard. For some reason the conversations, music, and things that I saw all day reminded me of the people, places, and things that aren't here. By far the most homesick I've been since leaving Seattle. It caught me by surprise, but today is better.

In other news, Peleke heads out of the country on Tuesday for a while. In the following nine days, I'll pack and my family is coming to visit before I head out to Africa! I plan on returning on Halloween with all the ghoulies and ghosties. I'll write a more in-depth post about that trip shortly, but for right now I'm going to enjoy the time I have left with my husband and help make the house more familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment