Tuesday, July 7, 2009

PSA

I was excited when my sister helped me get the Chocolate phone this past summer- it was blue, sleek, took good pictures, and was slide open as opposed to flip. Thinking anything had to be better than my pink Razor (which did, incidentally, limp through two years with me), I was excited to have a trustworthy phone again.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was in line to receive a fifth Chocolate... in nearly as many months. We won't talk about the first phone. The second and third both died in short order of speaker malfunction. The fourth one died over the weekend when the touch pad decided to stop working. This is me not happy (and refusing to pay for a new phone). Upon learning that I was only eligible for yet another Chocolate, I explained that I wouldn't accept another one, wanted something dependable that won't break down, and that I won't be paying for it. I was prepared to put up a fight.

Now, here is what I really wanted to write- if you are ever in my neck of the woods and have trouble with Verizon, I'll send you right down the road to this particular branch (giving you directions with my fancy new phone... that works). They are fabulous. Yes, yes, it's the evil Verizon, but I'm seriously impressed with my service from every visit (of which there have been many). It's one of my new years resolutions to openly praise and write notes to the proper people about good service, so there you go internet!

Side note: people in line at phone stores appear the most miserable when it comes to waiting in line. Apparently people feel awkward and exposed without a cell phone/palm pilot/blackberry/iphone to hide behind. It was actually pretty amusing. Making eye contact with them was one of the few times I've actually enjoyed doing so because some of the customers obviously are as uncomfortable with it as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment