Sunday, August 16, 2009

I must be feeling better

Forgive me Father for I have been lazy. No really, I mean Lazy with a capital L.

Actually, that's not quite true. Standing is uncomfortable, walking is difficult, and sitting is downright painful. So I can forgive myself for not exactly bounding up the stairs, taking up only enough room for my hind end on the couch, or staying out of bed with the exception of sleeping... like the rest of the AFM. My roommates have been ever so kind in allowing me to hog the internet port, be in bed eating and socializing at odd hours, and just generally always being there. There but for the grace of God, go I...

My bunkmate, one of the most thoughtful people ever, has been volunteering to grab my breakfast (which also means making a sack lunch for yourself on the weekends). I've been waking up at noon the past few days to a plate of toast, yogurt, and various fruits placed next to the bed... and a nicely packed lunch on the table. Seriously.

The only way I could possibly be more of a sloth would be if she opened the yogurt, stuck a straw in it, and placed the entire plate next to my head in bed. Look, Ma! No hands!

Now, in my defense, the stairs have only recently become climbable. The thought of two flights of stairs first thing in the morning is not exactly like waking up to thoughts of sunshine and butterflies, especially as I'm there in bed without any pain yet.

To assuage my newly present guilt, I'm getting us food tomorrow morning. More importantly because I can! Just so y'all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment