Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Which dwarf am I?

The back pain has been reduced to some aching after working eight hours- something I wasn't expecting and a pleasant surprise.

Now I'm sweating one minute and freezing the next. I'm exhausted. My throat hurts to cough and swallow but the coughs keep coming anyway. I'm frustrated. I'm crabby. I'm upset. I'm discouraged.

I realize we live in one giant petri dish, what with new staff flying in from around the world every day, not to mention the patients. I realize lack of sleep and regular exercise and diet play an important role. I even realize the role of stress and self-pity.

But right now it sure feels like if it's not one thing it's another.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You are a vital part of such a bigger picture than most of us get to experience (except through you who have sacrificed to be our face of Jesus to those you serve). You can overcome the 'petri dish syndrome'--we're praying for you!

    Thank you for your wonderful posts, and for being a part of the AFM family.

    I vote for Sleepy--a good night's sleep makes all the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was angling for Grumpy, but you're probably right- I'll reassess after a good long nap... Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete