Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Walk me down the broken line awhile

Finally connected with Peleke by phone yesterday- I guess it's only been two weeks since we last talked, but it feels like forever. Not that I would change anything about how we chose to play out the six months after our wedding, but this is harder than I thought it would be.

I feel like I talk about him a lot (and maybe I do), but it does make me feel better. We are incredibly blessed, and after the whirlwind past eight months, I find myself running around here in Africa with him so far away. Telling people about Peleke and us inexplicably makes him feel closer. It reminds me of our future together outside of our current, unusual situation.

God has again surrounded me with people who are giving support I didn't expect and couldn't ask for. It's a relief to turn to someone who can say, "I went through the same thing. I understand what you're feeling," and maybe even have some tips and suggestions to get through the worry and separation. Although I don't think I usually feel him, God is very real to me here through the grace, understanding, and support of the special people on the Africa Mercy. "Thanks" seems inadequate.

People said when you get married, you become one. I thought I understood. I didn't. A central part of me is hanging out flying planes thousands of miles away.



I miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment