Thursday, August 6, 2009

Things you don't normally hear

My favorite quote of the day:

"Stop bruising my mango!"

You see, we have fresh fruit here on the ship- a fair bit of it, actually. I hear it's shipped in from Holland, though. I'll be honest, after walking through the city and seeing the local fish and produce, my gut is thankful for our imported fruit. But I digress- we have watermelon, pineapple, pears, bananas, and mangos aplenty. It almost makes up for the ridiculous carb loading going on.

2 comments:

  1. FYI..Our fresh fruits and vegetables are purchased locally and appropriately disinfected,peeled or cooked. Our bread is also baked on site. All the rest of our food is shipped from Holland:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I'm amazed at how good the food is here regardless of where it comes from. Definitely a pleasant surprise- I wasn't sure what to expect. The selection at each meal is nice and the food has lots of flavor :)

    ReplyDelete